Monday, January 7, 2008

Austin Update

In the nursery at the hospital. I finally stopped screaming in this pic. I sure let mommy and daddy hear my voice when I arrived.


Daddy holding me at the hospital, just hours old.


Me and Uncle Clint at the hospital. I'm already working on my wish list from Game Stop!


My first bath at home. I didn't like it very much.


This is my super-duper watch dog, Cheyenne


Sadie and Cheyenne

Sleeping on mommy's chest.

I love to cuddle.


I like to be moving, which is very good news for mommy and daddy when I am in my carseat.

I'm awake! Look at my eyes - they are still gray. Daddy thinks they are going to be blue like mommy's.


Daddy and I on Christmas Day... I think this was my third outfit for the day. I had to make sure I got to wear all my cute Christmas stuff.



My first Longhorn football game. I slept thru most of it - Hook'em Horns!


Just me and daddy taking a nap


My Babka (Polish for Grandmother) came all the way from Floresville to visit her newest great-grandson.





Here is the short version of our AMS adventure. On Dec. 8 we went to the hospital as 2 and came home as 3. We welcomed Austin Matthew into our lives and our hearts. He was born at 6:49 pm - weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and 20 1/2 inches - we haven't stopped since. Daddy and Mommy were so excited to finally have him here. We have had lots of visitors come by to meet our newest addition. Our first baby, Cheyenne, a black lab mix, has been very good with Austin. She is always checking to see where he is and when he cries she is very worried about him. Our other 4-legged child, Sadie, a mix of who knows what, is a little more jealous of all the time that mommy spends taking care of Austin. When mommy sits down with Austin she is the first to come up and sit very close. During the day Austin is eating about every 3 hours and sometimes at night he decides to let mommy sleep almost 5 hours - too bad that is not every night. He enjoyed all of his family during his first Christmas by sleeping thru all the festivities. I am sure that we will have many more fun memories of "firsts" to share at the Swientek household. (Sorry the pictures are out of order, I am just learning how to post things to this blog.)

1 comment:

Kelly, James and Baby D. said...

Yea!! So glad you have it going! Don't feel bad if you get behind, everybody will forgive you!